The PenFed Foundation’s Veteran Entrepreneur Investment Program (VEIP) will engage established women veteran entrepreneurs with businesses in government contracting through free, business-focused education sessions, coaching, networking opportunities and access to grants and fellowships during this four-month program.
The accelerator series will educate entrepreneurs on business development and scaling strategies, access to resources, and leveraging connections that inspire and prepare them to grow their businesses.
The accelerator will conclude with a pitch competition, through which select companies can compete for grants.
“We are excited to launch the Government Contractor (GOVCON) Accelerator, while continuing to support women veteran-owned, small businesses and promoting talented military women entrepreneurs,” said PenFed Foundation President and retired U.S. Army Gen. John W. Nicholson, Jr.
“Our sponsors and the PenFed Foundation share the goal of creating a business ecosystem that establishes service in the U.S. military as the most reliable pathway to successful entrepreneurship.”
The Women Veteran Boot Camp Accelerator features 8 key elements designed to prepare female veteran entrepreneurs for sustainability and growth in the federal and commercial marketplace:
- Business Coaching
- Relationship Building with Prime Vendor & Industry Champions
- Strategic Market Research
- Focused Capabilities
- Building Relationships
- Pitch Coaching/ Exhibition
- Business Operations / Sustainability
- Business Growth / Scale
Accelerator Sessions Begin: June 29, 2021
Virtually: 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month
Time: 1:00 - 4:00PM EST
Coaching Sessions Begin: July 6, 2021
Virtually: Scheduled the week following each class
- Session1: Formation
- Session 2: Market Analysis
- Session 3: Capabilities Analysis
- Session 4: Go To Market Strategy
- Session 5: Relationships
- Session 6: Preparing for Growth
- VA SDVOSB / VOSB verified
- 3-5 FTEs
- Minimum of 5 years in business
- Capabilities in Underrepresented SBA NAICS, i.e. IT, Manufacturing, Construction etc.
- $500-1M in Revenue minimum
- Past performance as a prime contractor or subcontractor within the specified business sectors, agencies, capabilities and NAICS codes within the past 3 years
- Attend all sessions, engagements and assignments